There is a need for Nigeria to keep an eye on the potential of blockchain technology and what value it can bring to the current financial system. Crypto investment leads to enhanced global connectivity, socio-economic development, and poverty alleviation.
On the 11th of September, Kano, Nigeria experienced a great event. NEAR Protocol Nigeria organized a blockchain conference which was a local hack node Tagged “Building on NEAR”. This was the first-ever blockchain conference in Nigeria and Africa which was fully sponsored by Nearprotocol. More than 130 persons from the state and some other states in Nigeria attended the event and participated in the activities that were designed to provide information and educational lessons on Nearprotocol and Blockchain as a technology.
The conference provided an excellent opportunity for individuals, especially Developers of various sorts, crypto enthusiasts, and those interested in what Nearprotocol offers to develop and have a stronger knowledge of NEAR blockchain; building on Smart Contracts, DeFi, Dapps, and NFTs.
The event activities include:
- Physical registration for attendees who did and did not register for the conference through the google form link.
- Creating of NEAR Wallet for attendees who don’t have one.
- Lectures on blockchain and NEAR Protocol involving practical sessions on creating and funding wallets with NEAR tokens.
- Lectures on Programming languages of Nearprotocol and how to use it to build on NEAR
- Practical demonstration of How to build on NEAR and the speed it takes to have a working Dapp built on NEAR
- Career opportunities as a developer in Nearprotocol
- Questions and Answers
The program was a blast as the Two Developers at Nearprotocol Nigeria showed how possible it is to build on NEAR.
Also during the event, Developers were challenged to form teams and build Nigeria-based solutions on Near blockchain which will be submitted and reviewed in the next 3 weeks with a grand poll price of $1000 in NEAR tokens.
About Near Protocol
NEAR is a decentralized development platform designed to provide an ideal environment for dapps by overcoming some of the limitations of competing systems such as low throughput, slow speed, and poor cross-compatibility.
It runs on the NEAR protocol, a developer-friendly proof-of-stake (POS) blockchain that combines many innovations to improve scalability and reduce costs for developers and end users. Innovations include a unique sharding technology and a powerful new consensus mechanism called “Doomslug”.
To watch the events that occurred on that day you can follow us on our YouTube channel: @Nearprotocol Nigeria