Did you know if you had invested just $1 in bitcoin in 2010, it would be worth $241,087 today? According to a report by CNN, Bitcoin, a blockchain payment technology built by Satoshi Nakamoto in 2008, has been the best-performing asset in decades. In 2010, one bitcoin (BTC) was worth $0.08 and in 2021, that same BTC reached an all-time high price of $69,000. What a leap!, so now its time to learn how to buy bitcoin in kenya.
Buying cryptocurrency with VIBRA in Kenya makes life easy!
Recently, countries like El Salvador, United Arab Emirates (UAE), and the Central African Republic (CAR) have embraced cryptocurrencies with constitutional backing. There is no doubt, that bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies are the future of money. This is why VIBRA offers a simple-to-use wallet where Africans can buy, save (with interest ), trade, and invest in all types of crypto assets without compromising security.
Before Buying Bitcoin, What Exactly Is It?
Bitcoin is the first and most popular crypto asset, and you should know the characteristics of this digital asset before buying it.
Here are a few:
- It is a Digital Currency: This means that unlike Fiat (paper money), you will not see the physical equivalent of Bitcoin and it can only be stored in a digital wallet like VIBRA. Since it was launched in 2009 by Satoshi Nakamoto, BTC has grown in popularity and usage because it removes the major fiat currency barriers in this revolutionary digital age.
- Highly Divisible: Just like one dollar can be divided into 100 smaller units called cents, bitcoin can be divided into 100 million smaller units called satoshis. This enables anyone to own a tiny fraction of bitcoin, e.g. If you want to purchase $10 worth of BTC, you will own 0.000521 BTC because 1 BTC is at the current rate of $19,251.
- Immutability and Security: Bitcoin transactions are highly secure and tamper-proof because they are recorded on the blockchain. User data is very secure and private. However, transactions can be viewed on the blockchain explorer for transparency. But user identity is protected.
How To Buy Bitcoin in Kenya
VIBRA wallet app is made for Africans to trade and buy cryptocurrency easily. Here is how to get onboard;
Step 1: Create a VIBRA Account.
You need a VIBRA account to own Bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency. VIBRA is the best cryptocurrency wallet app for easy and safe transactions in Africa. And the sign-up process is swift and straightforward.
You can create your crypto wallet account in under 2 minutes
Step 2: Use KSH to Buy USDT on VIBRA P2P.
Once your sign-up process is complete, log in to the VIBRA app
- Click the P2P icon on the home page.
- Ensure your preferred currency is KES. You can change it from the dropdown on the right.
Step 3: Buy bitcoin in Kenya From Your Preferred Merchant
On the P2P platform, there is a list of Kenyan merchants ready to trade cryptocurrency through their ads on the page. (P.S. All merchants on VIBRA have been verified)
- Choose the ad that meets your required quantity(limit) and exchange rate.
- Click the “BUY” button.
- Fill in the amount of Ksh you want to pay or the quantity of USDT you want to purchase.
- Click “BUY NOW” to initiate the process.
Step 4: Buy Bitcoin and Crypto in Kenya Swiftly And Securely
- The merchant’s information will appear, including preferred payment method, e.g. Mpesa, Paybill, bank transfer, etc.
- Read the terms and conditions and copy the payment details.
- You are required to make payment and confirm within 15 minutes.
Step 5: Pay The Merchant
- Now go to your Mpesa account. Send the payment to the mobile or pay bill number the merchant provided.
- Ensure you pay to the correct merchant account. Please verify before sending Kenyan Shillings.
Step 6: Confirm Successful Payment
- Return to the VIBRA App and click “I HAVE PAID”. This will notify the seller that you have transferred the money to the specified account.
- The seller will verify your payment in the Mpesa account and confirm on VIBRA app.
You will receive your cryptocurrency instantly in your VIBRA account when the merchant confirms payment has been received.
Note: A merchant cannot hold on to the cryptocurrency after payment is confirmed because it is held in escrow by VIBRA.
Step 7: Trade USDT to Bitcoin
- Go to the Trade tab on VIBRA and exchange your USDT for BTC instantly.
Congratulations! You have successfully learnt how to buy Bitcoin in Kenya.
There Is More And More With VIBRA
You can become an influencer on Social.
VIBRA remains the easiest and safest way for peer-to-peer cryptocurrency transactions in Africa. To keep up with the industry news and market updates, download the VIBRA app and join the vibrant and informed social community of expert traders and newbies on the App Social Page.
You Can Make Huge Income with VIBRA
Do you know you can earn up to $600 monthly from your crypto knowledge and audience when you sign up for the VIBRA Africa Ambassadors Programme (VAAP)?
For VAAP details on how to apply, the eligibility criteria, and a breakdown of the benefits, please click here
With VIBRA, You Are In Charge!
Follow us on our socials: