Being a blockchain engineer is one of the many opportunities in the blockchain industry that people have underestimated. It’s amazing the gold mine this platform has turned out to be over the years with profitable and enviable results.
Blockchain is a system of recording information in a way that makes it difficult or impossible to change, hack or cheat the system. It’s also essentially a digital ledger of transformation that Is duplicated and distributed across the entire network of computer systems on the blockchain.
This content will major on explaining the work of a blockchain engineer
WHO IS A BLOCKCHAIN ENGINEER?
This is the person saddled with the responsibility of analyzing, implementing, developing and supporting a distributed block gain network, they must have the ability to manage specific business models dealing with blockchain technology.
Blockchain engineering is considered to be a high-paying job that can benefit you in many ways.
To be a blockchain engineer, you must have vast experience in a particular blockchain technology like Bitcoin or Ethereum. Usually, blockchain engineers have high skills in developing and implementing blockchain for providing solutions to technology or data consultancy firms.
Every blockchain engineer must have a bachelor’s degree in computer science, information system, or engineering in any technical field. Also, having a master’s degree will be an added advantage in some organizations. They should also have experience in single sign-on (SSO) security and storing background in a distributed database system.
RESPONSIBILITY OF BLOCKCHAIN ENGINEERS
This is what you must be capable of delivering to your company:
1. Researching high-quality material required for a particular blockchain project.
2. Designing and developing applications using blockchain technology.
3. Testing and troubleshooting the blockchain-driven projects.
4. Back end and front end application maintenance.
5. Evaluating blockchain applications.
6. Fully implemented and involved in the blockchain ecosystem for integrating the latest possible improvements.
7. Provide solutions for the existing blockchain platform used.
8. Preparing docs for every project and leading the team to create better solutions for the existing blockchain technology.
9. Ability to create an application or system using blockchain technology as a solution to the organization.
BENEFITS OF BECOMING A BLOCKCHAIN ENGINEER
As discussed above, we know that the scope and demand for Blockchain technology are rising day by day. So why not become a part of this trending technology and start your career as a blockchain engineer. Some of the reasons for becoming a blockchain engineer are as follows:
1, Fat Salary- High Payscale and career growth as blockchain is the future and not explored much. Also, there are not many experts in this field as it is a new technology. So it is beneficial for technological geeks to kickstart their careers as blockchain developers or engineers.
2, Booming Technology – High demand for Blockchain Engineers and developers across the world due to the potential that blockchain technology holds.
Work from Anywhere – The option of working remotely is available mainly for blockchain engineers and developers, offering more flexibility in the workplace.
3, Emerging Technology – As a Blockchain engineer, you will have expertise in New Technology which no one has worked on. Exploring the new technology will increase your professional growth as well as provide the world with better solutions using your skills.
Large Industries adopting blockchain – Not only startups but also large industries like IBM, Microsoft, Samsung, and many more demands blockchain engineers
HOW TO BECOME A BLOCKCHAIN ENGINEER
The job sounds interesting, but where do you start from? To become a blockchain engineer, you need to acquire some basic technical skills in networking, programming, data structures, and computer science.
Then after that, you can go for professional blockchain courses or certifications, which will lead you to great job opportunities around the globe.
Follow the steps below for becoming a blockchain engineer or developer:
- Get basic blockchain knowledge and its technical parameters.
- Get a bachelor’s degree or diploma in Computer science or any related field.
- Understand the Blockchain Architecture and its working as a consensus, hash functioning, etc.
- Understand the function and application of data structures and algorithms like the Merkle tree.
- Have cryptography skills. This is necessary for maintaining the security and mutability of the blockchain system. So having cryptocurrency certification will do wonders in building your career in blockchain technology.
- Build Web development skills.
- Be an expert in the primary programming languages like C++, Java, Python, Solidity, etc.
- Have in-depth knowledge of Blockchain platforms
- Understand the Blockchain ecosystem and its standards.
- Master the blockchain developing tools.
It is important to note that you can also be a certified blockchain expert and get a blockchain Engineer certification. Doing this will increase your skills and knowledge in the blockchain field.